INFORMATION ON ADAMS COUNTY WISCONSIN PARK
We sincerely hope you enjoy your visit.
Your comments, suggestions, or criticisms are welcome and may be made to the Park Manager or directly to:
Adams County Parks/Recreation Department
Courthouse, P.O. Box 196
Friendship, WI 53934
PETENWELL AND CASTLE ROCK COUNTY PARKS
ADAMS COUNTY, WISCONSIN
Shelters: Rates for 2017 Shelter Buildings Available for Reunions, Weddings, Birthday/Graduation Parties, etc.
Shelter reservation cancellations require a 45 day notice to receive a refund
Petenwell Park - $50.00 / day
Castle Rock Park - $75.00 / day
Patricks Lake - $75.00 / day
Arrowhead - $50.00 / day
Shelter Reservations: Contact the Parks Administration Office at 608-339-4230. Shelter buildings include picnic tables, electrical outlets, and a refrigerator. Grills, restrooms, and water are nearby.
- Petenwell Park - 160 with expansion to 200 acres
- Castle Rock Park - 70 with expansion to 130 acres
Allowable Camping Units:
- Petenwell Park 500
- Castle Rock Park 200
Sanitation: Petenwell and Castle Rock Parks have modern heated shower/restroom facilities and vault type pit toilets cleaned daily.
Picnic Tables: Petenwell Park 500, Castle Rock Park 200
Water Sources: Petenwell and Castle Rock Parks have state approved electric and handpump wells. Water hookups to many campsites.
Camping Reservations: Require a Non-Refundable Reservation Fee, a Minimum of 2 night stay with a maximum of 2 weeks stay, by contacting the Park Directly; Petenwell Park at 608-564-7513 and Castle Rock Park at 608-339-7713. Camping reservation cancellations require a minimum of 30 days notice to receive a refund. Most campsites are on a first come basis - select sites are reservable.
Seasonal Boat Slip Reservations: On a first come basis beginning January 1, for the current year, by calling the Park directly. Petenwell Park at 608-564-7513 and Castle Rock Park at 608-339-7713. Seasonal Boat Slip Reservation Cancellations require a minimum 30 day notice to receive a refund. Daily, weekly, and monthly boat slips are available on a first come basis, reservations are not accepted for those.
Facilities: Petenwell and Castle Rock Parks have a designated swimming area, boat launch, modern playground equipment, heated shower/restroom facilities, disposal station, and visitor/registration station with concession/game room, and boat slip rentals.
Nearest Hospital: Moundview Memorial Hospital & Clinics, 402 Lake St., Friendship, WI 608-339-3331
- Petenwell Park - 17 miles to Friendship / Hospital & Clinic
- Castle Rock Park - 11 miles to Friendship / Hospital & Clinic
Parks patrolled weekends and/or nightly at both Petenwell and Castle Rock Parks.
Rates for 2017: RATES INCLUDE SALES TAX
Camping Rates $5.00 Non-Refundable Camping Reservation Fee
$ 20.00 - Premium site - Tent w/ or w/o electric - Nightly
$ 110.00 -Premium site - Tent w/ or w/o electric - Weekly
$ 16.00 - Tent w/ or w/o electric - Nightly
$ 90.00 - Tent w/ or w/o electric - Weekly
$200.00 - Tent w/ or w/o electric - Monthly
$ 27.00 - Premium site - Camper w/ or w/o electric - Nightly
$150.00 - Premium site - Camper w/ or w/o electric - Weekly
$285.00 - Premium site - Camper w/electric - Monthly - April 15 to October 15
$125.00 - Premium site - Camper October 15 to April 15 + $5.00 per night of use for electric, not to exceed 60 nights of usage.
$ 23.00 - Camper w/ or w/o electric nightly
$130.00 - Camper w/or w/o electric weekly
$255.00 - Campers Monthly w/ electric - April 15th to October 15th
$125.00 - Campers Monthly - October 15th to April 15th + $5.00 per night of use for electric, not to exceed 60 nights of usage.
Day User Fee for all Adams County Parks (non camping):
1/$20.00 or 2/$30.00 - Season day use sticker, purchased at the same time
$ 5.00 - Day use - per vehicle per day
1/$15.00 or 2/$20.00- Season day use sticker w/o boat launch use/Senior Citizens only, 65+
$ 5.00 - Dump station - non-camper fee (day or season pass does not include dumping)
Season Stickers are available at these locations: Petenwell Park, Castle Rock Park, Pritzl's Store, Wagon Wheel Campground, Parks Administration Office (Courthouse)
Boat Slip Rates for 2017
- Season Dates: Petenwell and Castle Rock Parks are open year round. All other parks are open April 15 (open) to November 1 (closing), unless otherwise posted.
- Park Hours: Park closes nightly from 10:30 p.m. to 7:00 a.m., except registered campers who are in or enroute, or people transporting watercraft to and from boat landings.
- Quiet Hours: 11:00 pm to 7:00 am.
- Campfires: In order to maintain the above quiet hours, NO CAMPFIRES MAY BE STARTED OR MAINTAINED BETWEEN 1:30 AM and 6:00 AM. Open campfires allowed but no closer than 12 feet to any tree or 10 feet to any shrub.
- Campsite Vehicle Blockage: At no time shall one camping vehicle block another camping unit in at any one time, nor shall one camping unit block himself in, per Adams County Park Ordinance under additional rules, permits and exceptions.
- All Camping Waste Water (which includes gray water): Must be disposed of within the designated park disposal station. Per IHLR 83.04(1) Domestic Waste, requires that all water carrying wastes derived from ordinary living uses shall enter a septic or treatment tank unless otherwise exempted by the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources.
- Vehicle Window Day or Season Sticker or Hang Tag: Required on all vehicles at all times.
- Fireworks: Prohibited at all times.
- CAMPING MINORS: All campsites must have parental, legal guardian, or a non-profit organizational adult leader. All camping minors are restricted to their registered camping site between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m., unless accompanied by one of the above adult individuals.
- Pets: Are welcome; however, must be effectively restrained on a leash no longer than 10 feet and not left unattended at any time.
- Check Out Time: 3:00 p.m. daily. All re-registrations must occur by 3:00 p.m., or campsite will become available to another. No camping party shall start setting up or taking down it's camping unit between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. without prior authorization of the respective park manager or assistant manager.
- Campsite Must Be Cleaned Daily: By campers and waste is to be deposited in containers provided. This includes animal waste.
- Motor Vehicles: Must be registered per campsite and must be parked within the campsite. No more than two motor vehicles are permitted at each campsite without additional fees assessed.
- Campsite Activities Prohibited: No ground mats allowed in combination may be greater than 48 square feet and must be rolled up when campsite is not occupied for more than 24 hours.