INFORMATION ON ADAMS COUNTY WISCONSIN PARKS
To make the park facilities safe and enjoyable for you and others, several important regulations should be noted. A complete list of county park ordinances may be obtained by contacting the Administration Office at 608-339-4230.
We sincerely hope you enjoy your visit.
Your suggestions or criticisms are welcome and may be made to the park attendant or directly to:
Adams County Parks/Recreation Department
Courthouse, P.O. Box 196
Friendship, WI 53934
PETENWELL AND CASTLE ROCK COUNTY PARKS
ADAMS COUNTY, WISCONSIN
Shelters: Rates for 2013
Petenwell Park - $25.00/day for groups less than 50 - $50.00 per day for groups of 50 or more
Castle Rock Park - $30.00/day for groups less than 50 - $60.00 per day for groups of 50 or more
Patricks Lake - $25.00/day for groups less than 50 - $50.00 per day for groups of 50 or more
Arrowhead - $25.00/day for groups less than 50 - $50.00 per day for groups of 50 or more
- Petenwell Park - 160 with expansion to 200 acres
- Castle Rock Park - 70 with expansion to 130 acres
Allowable Camping Units:
- Petenwell Park 500
- Castle Rock Park 200
Sanitation: Petenwell and Castle Rock Parks have modern heated shower/restroom facilities and vault type pit toilets cleaned daily.
Picnic Tables: Petenwell Park 500, Castle Rock Park 200
Water Sources: Petenwell and Castle Rock Parks have state approved electric and handpump wells. Water hookups to many campsites.
Reservations: Shelters for Family Reunions, Weddings, etc., and Seasonal Boat Slips Only, by contacting the Parks Administration Office at 608-339-4230. Camping reservations are limited, most sites are first - come, first - serve. For camping reservations call the parks(s) directly. Castle Rock - 608-339-7713 and Petenwell - 608-564-7513.
Facilities: Petenwell and Castle Rock Parks have a designated swimming area, boat launch, modern playground equipment and marked hiking trails, heated shower/restroom facilities, disposal station, and visitor/registration station with concession/game room, and boat slip rentals.
- Petenwell Park - 17 miles to Friendship
- Castle Rock Park - 11 miles to Friendship
Parks patrolled weekends and/or nightly at both Petenwell and Castle Rock Parks.
Rates for 2013: RATES INCLUDE SALES TAX
$ 15.00 - Tent Campers w/o electric - Nightly
$ 18.00 - Tent campers w/ electric - Nightly
$ 85.00 - Tent w/o electric - Weekly
$ 95.00 - Tent w/electric - Weekly
$200.00 - Tent w/ or w/o electric - Monthly
$ 17.00 - Camper w/o electric nightly
$ 22.00 - Camper w/ electric nightly
$ 120.00 - Camper w/or w/o electric weekly
$245.00 - Campers Monthly w/ or w/o electric - April 15th to October 15th
$120.00 - Campers Monthly - October 15th to April 15th
$ 4.00 - Camper Electric - October 15th to April 15th, not to exceed $80.00 per month
Day User Fee (non camping)
1/$20.00 or 2/$30.00 - Season day use sticker, purchased at the same time
$ 5.00 - Day use - per vehicle per day
1/$15.00 or 2/$20.00- Season day use sticker w/o boat launch use/Senior Citizens only, 65+
$ 5.00 - Dump station - non-camper fee (day or season pass does not include dumping)
Boat Slip Rates for 2013
$665.00 - Seasonal Slip
$220.00 - Monthly Slip w/o camping
$110.00 - Monthly Slip w/ monthly camping
$ 16.00 - Daily Slip w/o daily camping
$ 8.00 - Daily Slip w/ daily camping
$ 72.00 - Weekly Slip w/o camping
$ 36.00 - Weekly Slip w/ weekly camping
No multi-boat slip discounts
All rates subject to change
- Season Dates: Petenwell and Castle Rock Parks are open year round. All other parks are open April 15 (open) to November 1 (closing), unless otherwise posted.
- Park Hours: Park closes nightly from 10:30 p.m. to 7:00 a.m., except registered campers who are in or enroute, or people transporting watercraft to and from boat landings.
- Quiet Hours: 11:00 pm to 7:00 am.
- Campfires: In order to maintain the above quiet hours, NO CAMPFIRES MAY BE STARTED OR MAINTAINED BETWEEN 1:30 AM and 6:00 AM. Open campfires allowed but no closer than 12 feet to any tree or 10 feet to any shrub.
- Campsite Vehicle Blockage: At no time shall one camping vehicle block another camping unit in at any one time, nor shall one camping unit block himself in, per Adams County Park Ordinance #6-1990 section 1.6.1 under additional rules, permits and exceptions.
- All Camping Waste Water (which includes gray water): Must be disposed of within the designated park disposal station. Per IHLR 83.04(1) Domestic Waste, requires that all water carrying wastes derived from ordinary living uses shall enter a septic or treatment tank unless otherwise exempted by the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources.
- Vehicle Window Stickers: Required on all vehicles at all times.
- Fireworks: Prohibited at all times.
- CAMPING MINORS: All campsites must have parental, legal guardian, or a non-profit organizational adult leader. All camping minors are restricted to their registered camping site between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m., unless accompanied by one of the above adult individuals.
- Pets: Are welcome; however, must be effectively restrained on a leash no longer than 10 feet and not left unattended at any time.
- Check Out Time: 3:00 p.m. daily. All re-registrations must occur by 3:00 p.m., or campsite will become available to another. No camping party shall start setting up or taking down it's camping unit between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. without prior authorization of the respective park manager or assistant manager.
- Campsite Must Be Cleaned Daily: By campers and waste is to be deposited in containers provided. This includes animal waste.
- Motor Vehicles: Must be registered per campsite and must be parked within the campsite. No more than two motor vehicles are permitted at each campsite without additional fees assessed.
- Campsite Activities Prohibited: No ground mats allowed in combination may be greater than 48 square feet and must be rolled up when campsite is not occupied for more than 24 hours.